Many women prefer to use a lawn mower, which is a smaller size, lightweight, and easy to maneuver. These types of lawn mowers are great for anyone who finds mowing the lawn difficult, particularly petite women or the elderly.
This article will look at the best lawn mowers for women and give details of things you may like to consider before buying a lawn mower.
Lawn Mowers for Women Reviews
Here are the top five lightweight lawn mowers that are easy to start and perfect for mowing small lawns. They are all available from Amazon.
Top pick one: Greenworks 25322 G-MAX 16-Inch Mower
- CORDLESS LAWN MOWER – Get more done, faster, with Greenworks electric lawn mowers. This 40v push lawn mower provides the power you need with up to 45 minutes of runtime on a fully charged 4.0Ah battery. The battery completely...
- LIGHTWEIGHT, EASY TO USE – A lightweight 16” cutting deck allows for easy maneuvering through small to medium yards (up to ½ acre) more efficiently. Easy push button start and lighter weight make it a great choice for your...
- VERSATILE – Battery powered lawn mower has a single lever 5-position height adjustment with a cutting height range from 1-1/4" to 3-3/8" for the best cut in all environments. The 2-in-1 feature offers versatile use with mulching...
- MAINTENANCE FREE – This walk behind lawn mower is virtually maintenance free, with no gas, no oil and no emissions. It starts instantly and is quiet but delivers gas-like power for your toughest projects.
- INCLUDES – Battery operated lawn mower comes with mower, grass collection bag, 40V 4.0Ah battery, charger and operators manual. It offers a 3 year tool and 3 year battery warranty.
The Greenworks lawn mower is battery powered and user friendly. It’s lightweight and easy to maneuver. It has an adjustable height and can cut from a range of heights from 1-1/4 inches to 3-3/8-inches.
This lawn mower has a 2-in-1 feature that means you can either bag the cut grass or use it for mulching. This mower is suitable for all types of grass; it has a 16-Inch cutting deck and is ideal for small to medium-sized yards.
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Adjustable cutting height
- Can be used for mulching
- Great for small yards
- Not suitable for large gardens as it’s only 16 inches wide.
- Isn’t self-propelling.
2. BLACK+DECKER Electric Lawn Mower
- Lightweight corded electric mower gasless 10 Amp 15 inch electric mower for powering through rough grass
- Comfort grip bike handlebar design reduces friction and enhances maneuverability for small lawns
- Enhanced clipping collection winged blade yields 30% better clipping collection
- Push button start no-hassle startup easy-to- use features
- Adjustable cutting height 6 adjustable cutting heights ranging from 1 inch to 3 inch
The black and decker lawn mower is lightweight and easy to use. It has a comfortable grip handle, which allows it to be maneuvered quickly around small to medium-sized yards. This mower is very effective at collecting clippings.
The black and decker lawn mower is very easy to start; it has a push start button and cuts at an adjustable height of between one and three inches. It’s easy to control, even on rugged ground or in long grass as the wheel has thick treads.
- No gas needed as it’s an electric mower
- Can be used to cut long, thick grass
- Adjustable cutting height
- Good clipping collection
- No Mulching Capability
3. Sun Joe Lawn Mower
- For use with iBAT40 Series 40 V lithium-ion batteries and iCHRG40 and iCHRG40QC chargers - sold separately
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
- Powerful brushless motor increases battery efficiency, maximizes motor performance, decreases noise and vibration and extends motor life
- Compact design ideal for small to mid-sized lawns
- ETL approved; Full 2-year warranty; Energy Star certified
This Sun Joe lawn mower is small and lightweight; it takes a series 40 V lithium-ion batteries, which is sold separately. It’s easy to start and produces no carbon emissions. This mower is quiet yet effective; it’s very compact and great for small gardens.
- ETL approved
- Full 2-year warranty
- Energy Star certified
- Lightweight and easy to use
- The battery needs to be purchased separately
- [6 HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS] A single lever lets you set the height you want to cut your lawn, depending on the season, or just your preference.Max Cut Area/Charge 5,000 FT²
- [INTELLICUT] feature provides torque on demand for tougher conditions
- [SAME BATTERY, EXPANDABLE POWER] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [MULCH OR BAG] This 2-in-1 mower lets you bag it up, or mulch your grass back into the ground, it’s up to you
- [BATTERY METER] The on-board battery charge indicator lets you know exactly how much juice you have left before you need to head back to the garage
WORX lawn mower is battery powered and easy to use. It’s adjustable and has a lever that allows you to choose the height of your grass. This is a 2-in-1 lawn mower that lets you decide whether to bag your grass or mulch it back into the ground.
This lawn mower has a battery charge indicator that tells you how much longer you’ll be able to use your mower for. It also has a full bag indicator, so you’ll know exactly when it’s time to empty your mower. This set includes a 40V Mower, Two 20V 4.0Ah Batteries, 2A Dual-Charger, a collection bag, and a mulch plug.
- 2 in 1 mower allows you to cut your grass and mulch
- Adjustable height settings
- Battery charger indicator
- Full bag indicator
- Comes with two batteries included
- Great for small to medium-sized gardens
- Lightweight, easy to use
- Only suitable for small lawns as the battery runs out fairly quickly
The Best Lawnmowers for Women Buyers Guide
There are many different lawn mowers on the market nowadays, and they come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Many reliable lawn mowers have features that make them great for women.
If you’re a woman who’s looking for a lightweight lawn mower, there are a few things that you may like to consider. It would be beneficial to find a lawn mower that’s easy to start and easy to push, as well as being low on maintenance.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Lawnmower:
Easy to start
Many lawn mowers can be easy to start, especially older gas-powered versions. Women or the elderly commonly prefer an electric powered lawn mower as these need to be plugged in and turned on, rather than started with a pull cord.
Modern lawn mowers use advanced technology and are powered by electricity or battery, making them easy to start and perfect for smaller gardens. Robot lawn mowers are even available to cut grass automatically.
Easy to push
It’s a good idea to choose a lightweight lawn mower, making it easy to push. Smaller lawn mowers are great as they are less of a challenge to move around. Remember that even if a lawn mower seems light enough when you buy it, if it has a compartment that stores the cut grass, it will soon get heavier.
Another solution would be to invest in a self-propelled lawn mower. This is a mower with an in-built mechanism to move it forward. You just need to do the steering, and the mower will move in the direction you guide it.
A quiet lawn mower
Many people want their lawn mower to be quiet and neighbor-friendly. If this is the case, you may choose an electric or battery-powered lawn mower as they are quieter then gas-powered.
Low on maintenance
Many women want a lawn mower that doesn’t require much maintenance. You don’t want to end up having to invest money into your lawn mower after the initial purchase. All lawn mowers require some maintenance; they’ll need their blades sharpened regularly and are likely to need their blades replaced from time to time.
If you choose a gas-powered lawn mower, you’ll need to factor in the running costs as fuel will need to be purchased regularly. They also have a spark plug, which will sometimes need to be replaced.
Electric and battery-powered mowers are simple to maintain. They don’t require any replacement parts or maintenance, other than if the battery wears out or if you accidentally cut the extension cord while mowing.
Many modern lawn mower manufacturers are producing environmentally friendly products. Electric lawn mowers are better for the environment as they don’t produce any harmful emissions.
As you can see, many different mowers are available that are small, lightweight, and easy to use. You’ll likely be able to find a product on Amazon that meets your needs. Most mowers come with an adjustable handle so that the user can make it the correct height. This will reduce the likely hood of repetitive strain injuries.
Last update on 2022-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API