Are you planning to go camping in spring or fall? Or even in the winter, when the weather is likely to be cold? Perhaps you’ve bought a tent that will stand up to harsh weather conditions, and you’re now looking for a sleeping bag to keep you cozy? Many sleeping bags on the market have been designed specifically for cold weather. This article will look at the best cold weather sleeping bags under $100 and will help you find one that’s right for you.
Top Pick One: FARLAND Sleeping Bags 20℉ for Adults Teens Kids with Compression Sack Portable and Lightweight for 3-4 Season Camping
- 1.FEEL THE DIFFERENCE - Farland Super Comfortable Sleeping Bags are designed to ensure that after a tiring day of trekking, hiking, travel or any other exploration you can get a good and relaxing night's sleep.Roll Control Design...
- 2.DESIGNED FOR COOL/COLD WEATHER – Our sleeping bags are designed for 20-62℉/-7-17℃. Moreover, these bags also have a waterproof, weather-resistant design to keep you warm even in extreme conditions and prevent you from any...
- 3.SIZE - Envelope-Shape Sleeping Bag measures 29.5 by 86.6 inches (W x D), Mummy-Shape Sleeping Bag measures 33.5 by 86.6 inches (W x D),and comfortably fits most campers up to five feet, 11 inches tall.
- 4.Material - Outer Cover Material:290T Nylon,Waterproof and Breathable Fabrics;Lining Material:Polyester Pongee;Fill-Material: Polyester Fibre.its lightweight & compact design which is convenient to carry along for any outdoor...
- 5.100% RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – We also offer you 100% Risk-Free Satisfaction Guarantee to let you buy with confidence. However, we are quite sure that you will be super impressed with its ability to keep you warm in...
Weighing 4.0lbs, this lightweight sleeping bag is perfect for hiking. It can be used in colder temperatures as it has a temperature rating of 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Farland makes very comfortable sleeping bags, which will help you to get a good night’s sleep after a day hiking or traveling. You can also zip two of Farland’s sleeping bags together to make a double bag.
Another great thing about this sleeping bag is that its waterproof and weather-resistant, which is excellent if you find yourself in a damp or leaking tent. This fraland sleeping bag comes in a selection of colors and styles. You can either choose the envelope shape sleeping bag or the mummy shape sleeping bag.
- Available in different colors and styles
- This product is widely sold around the world
- Waterproof and weather resistant
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Fairly narrow, seems like it’s designed for skinny people.
Top Pick Two: Coleman 0°F Mummy Sleeping Bag for Big and Tall Adults | North Rim Cold-Weather Sleeping Bag
- Mummy-style adult sleeping bag for camping in temperatures as low as 0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can accommodate most people up to 6 feet 2 inches in height
- Semi-sculpted hood tightens with a drawstring to seal in heat
- Quilting construction, insulated footbox, and Thermolock draft tube for warmth and heat retention
- ZipPlow system plows away fabric to prevent snagging during zipping
This fantastic sleeping bag by Colemans will keep you warm in the coldest of conditions and is cozy enough even if there’s snow on the ground. This sleeping bag is spacious, warm, and waterproof. It’s a mummy style bag which is suitable for adults and teenagers. It’s been designed to accommodate tall people, so if you’re over six feet tall and struggling to find a sleeping bag big enough, this product is for you.
- Mummy sleeping bag which will keep you warm in temperatures as low as 0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Has a hood that tightens with a drawstring to keep you warm in cold weather
- The carry bag it comes in is very small and takes some patients to get it to fit back in.
Top Pick Three: 0 Degree Winter Sleeping Bag for Adults
- % Lightweight and Highly Portable: Top Line 100 percent polyester fiber 450GSM aligned with top-notch shell provide extra warm comfort during outdoor activities without adding extra weight to already sore shoulders (only 5 lbs)....
- % Ultra Comfortable and Design for COLD/WARM Weather (temperature range from 5F - 32F degree): Rioyalo sleeping bags are designed to ensure you get a good and relaxing night’s sleep after a tiring day of trekking, hiking, travel...
- % Skin Friendly and Super Comfy: The first-rate 190T Pongee lining is skin-friendly. What a soft silky and awesome cozy feeling you will have when completely immersing yourself into this warm, comfy peapod.
- % High Quality and super Durable and Waterproof: Top quality 210T Nylon ripstop on the shell, 190T Pongee Lining in 100% Polyester, as well as premium 450GSM 100 percent polyester fiber filling. The ingenious workmanship precisely...
- % 100% Satisfaction: Your satisfaction is our ultimate goal. With 30 days’ hassle-free return policy, we want to ensure our determination and attitude of happiness toward you.
This lightweight and portable sleeping bag is made from 100% Polyester, it’s very warm and will allow you to camp during the winter. If there’s frost, ice or snow on the ground, you’ll still have a comfortable night’s sleep using this sleeping bag.
This sleeping bag is easy to fold and packs away into a compression sack. It weighs just 4lb, so it is perfect for hiking or backpacking.
- Comes in a choice of two colors: pink or blue
- Weights 4 lb so would be great for hiking
- Hardwearing and waterproof
- Made for extreme weather
- Spacious and comfortable
- Some problems have been reported with the zippers.
Top Pick Four: Browning basecamp sleeping bag
- Techloft Silver Insulation - 36oz Fill with nice loft.
- Two-layer offset construction - Sturdy #5 zippers.
- 32x80 Outer shell Walnut 190T Polyester Fabric - Inner Grey 190T Polyester Liner.
- Standard stuff sack with drawstring included for packing ease.
- Nice balance of weight, cost and warmth. Looks and sleeps like a much more expensive bag.
This well insulation sleeping bag will keep you want and cozy, even on the coldest of nights. It has a 36oz filling with a nice loft. It’s been designed and constructed using two layers, which helps to lock in the heat.
The browning base camp sleeping bag comes with a compression bag with a drawstring, which makes it easy to pack away. This sleeping bag is great for hiking and backpacking during the winter.
- A very warm, mummy style sleeping bag
- Comes with a sack, which makes it easy to carry
- Spacious and comfortable
- Slightly more expensive then comparable products, but the extra warmth it provides is well worth the money, especially if you’re planning to camp in the winter.
Top Pick Five: Bessport Sleeping Bag Winter | 32℉/0℃ Extreme 3-4 Season
- GET FANTASTIC FREEDOM: The camping sleeping bag measures 82.5" x 29.5" (only 1.85kg/4.1lbs), which ensures you to move freely in it, great for tall guys less than 6'6" and active sleepers, side sleeper who likes to move around.
- COMFORTABLE & SKIN-FRIENDLY: We adopt 210T ripstop polyester as surface material and 350gsm spray boned cotton as filling. It's quite soft, skin-friendly and waterproof, also durable for resists damage from stones, branches and...
- MADE FOR EXTREME WEATHERS: Our sleeping bag withstands the weather of up to 32℉ and can stay warm and cozy even when it's 50℉-68℉. Double-layer waterproof fabric keep you warm even in extreme weather conditions and prevent...
- LONG LASTING DURABILITY: From ultralight water repellent double-layer shell and soft polyester taffeta liner, 1.3kg spray-boned filling with double large SBS zippers and anti-snag slider, wide shoulders and large footbox,...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE-We strongly stand behind the great craftsmanship of outdoor camping gear and provide the best customer experience possible. In case anything goes wrong, we will respond to your concerns within 24 hours....
The Bessport sleeping bag has been designed for camping in extreme weather conditions. It’s also lightweight at 4.1lbs, which is great if you’re hiking. This sleeping bag is roomy, which is useful if you’re a taller person.
This sleeping bag is also very comfortable, and the materials will feel soft against your skin. Its made from a ripstop polyester, which is skin-friendly and waterproof. You’ll be able to get a good night’s sleep in this bag, even if the weather outside is between 50℉-68℉.
- Available in grey or green
- Made from a double-layered waterproof fabric
- Long-lasting and durable
- Made from water repellent material
- Soft, cozy lining
- Comes with a drawstring bag
- Perfect for spring or fall, may not be the warmest if there is snow on the ground.
Best Cold Weather Sleeping Bag Under $100 buying guide
If you’re planning to sleep outside, one of the best things you can do is invest in a good quality sleeping bag. This is particularly important if you’re planning to camp during colder weather. Depending on where you are camping, the night might get chilly, even in spring and fall, so choosing the right sleeping bag is essential.
If you plan to go camping in the winter, when there’s likely to be snow, choosing a warm, water-resistant sleeping bag is crucial. You’ll need gear that’s designed for extreme weather, and this includes a winter tent and sleeping bag.
The first thing that you should consider when choosing a sleeping bag is the conditions you plan to use it in. You’ll need a very different sleeping bag if you’re camping in the winter when its likely to snow then you would for camping during the warm summer months. Each sleeping bag has a temperature rating, and you should choose the right sleeping bag for the weather conditions. If you go camping without the proper gear during the winter, you could be putting yourself at risk of frostbite or even hypothermia, which could be life-threatening.
If you’re camping in cold or wet weather, it’s important to choose a waterproof sleeping bag. You can buy sleeping bags that have a water-resistant outer coating. Hopefully, your tent won’t leak, but if it does, you’ll stay dry.
Camping during the winter or if its raining can cause everything to feel damp, so choosing a water-resistant sleeping bag is a good idea, even if you know you have a good quality, water-resistant tent.
Size and style
Sleeping bags are available in either a rectangular envelope style or mummy style. It comes down to personal preference as to which type you choose. You may also like to find a sleeping bag that can be zipped together if you buy two. This will provide extra space, and is great if you’re camping with your partner.
If you’re tall, you should look for a sleeping bag that’s been designed specifically for the taller person. Many sleeping bags on the market have been designed for people who are over six feet in height. Other sleeping bags are smaller and more suitable for smaller adults or teenagers.
When looking for the best sleeping bag for cold weather, the first thing you should look for is the temperature rating. It’s essential to find a good quality bag that will keep you warm even if the weather is cold.
If you are hiking, it’s a good idea to look for a lightweight sleeping bag that comes with a compression sack as this will allow you to condense it down so that it takes up less space in your backpack.
Last update on 2022-08-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API